The first Mass at St. Patrick's Mission Church on the grounds of St. Patrick's Cemetery in what is now Chapman, Kansas was conducted in December of 1864. The Catholic mission served Irish settlers and Native Americans. The building served as a school and community meeting place. The building was destroyed by a tornado on June 11, 2008 and the St. Patrick's Chapel memorial using the original stone was completed in 2010.
More about this neat site: http://kansastravel.org/stpatricksmission.htm
July 4th, 2017
Viewed 435 Times - Last Visitor from White Plains, NY on 09/21/2023 at 1:02 AM